People with flat feet generally do face huge disappointments when it comes to sports. Many sports do not offer place for flat-footed people as the requirements of sports do not entertain such factors. However, the passion does not rest and never lets the sportsperson rest too. With time, so many advancements have taken place the sports equipment that are suitable for people having different kinds of issue like wide feet, flat feet, extended or double toe, etc. best basketball shoes for flat feets are below in the article.
A condition in which the foot has an arch that is lower than usual. – Google Dicitionary
You, having flat feet, must have had faced huge problems during your play. Discomfort, aches are so normal to experience after long hours of playing or being on the ground. When we talk about sport basketball, it is but obvious that you need to be good at running and jumping, along with great natural movements on the court. In that case, if your shoes do not comfort you, why are you even wearing those?
The sports shoe brands these days are very well-aware about the technicalities required in manufacturing shoes keeping in mind, foot size, flat feet, wide feet, extended toe, etc. that they need to offer to the customers with such situations.
Over the time, a lot of shoes have been offered that are specifically designed for people wide flat feet. It is really depressing to feel discomfort while playing your favourite sport. To eliminate such issues, one has to make sure they opt for the best shoe as per their feet conditions. All thanks to technological advancements, there have been innovations in the shoe industry.
The shoe brands do look out for best options that they can provide to their customers with different conditions. Let us explore some technically designed shoes that would comfort your flat feet while playing your favourite sport resultantly enhancing your performance on the court!
|Name||Pros||Cons||Where to get?|
|Nike Men's The Overplay IX||Soft cushioning on impact||Thick sole for flat feet|
|Nike Zoom Evidence||Great traction||Bulky|
|Nike SF Air Force 1||Flat sole||Heavy shoe|
|Under Armour Curry 3||Flat and durable||Thick rubber sole|
|Adidas Performance Men's Crazy Bounce||Full-length bounce||Structures the foot|
|Nike Lebron Soldier XI||Multi-surface traction||Close fitted|
|Nike Men's Mamba Instinct Low Top Lace Up Running Sneaker||Allows natural movements||Upper is not firm enough|
One of the most stylish basketball shoes ever presented by Nike, this shoe has the ability to steal your look at first go itself! They go well with apparels like shorts and apparels. Comforting the players with great ankle and arch support, this shoe owns the ability to ensure complete relief to players with flat feet due to soft cushioning. One can easily play the sport for hours, without having hurt their knees or heels. The shoe is lightweight and breathable, yet another reason to love it. One of the best basketball shoes for flat feets.
It would not disappoint you during rains or wet grass as it would not soak your socks, making it easier for you to play without any discomfort. The people with flat feet might face an issue with the sole padding fitted, so they have an option to replace it with custom orthotics for great comfort during play. The shoe does complete justice to your interest, comforting the flat feet and enhancing your performance levels.
- The fabric used in the upper is synthetic.
- The shaft of the shoe measures approximately 2.88” from the arch.
- Comes with four different colors- Black, Anthracite, White and Dark Grey.
- The shoe is equipped specially for handling hard landings.
- The upper construction is durable and extremely breathable.
- The shoe is breathable with soft cushioning.
- The wearer may play for hours without hurting heels.
- The sole of the shoe is unnecessarily thick, making it uneasy for people with flat feet after a certain time.
- One has to invest separately upon custom orthotics for extra comfort.
|1. Breathable and lightweight|
2. Soft cushioning on impact
|1. Priced high|
2. Thick sole for flat feet
Nike has absolutely amazed the basketball lovers by presenting this masterpiece. Great in appearance and comfort, this shoe is what one looks for, for a terrific performance at the court! Yet another reason why the shoe has been in great demand for long is, the shoe suits people with flat feet. The responsive cushioning ensured by the brand in this well-designed shoe, makes it more enthralling. People may wear it casually as well, as it looks nice with apparels like jeans and shorts. One of the best basketball shoes for flat feets.
Phylon midsole featured by the brand in consideration of this shoe, gives the players an opportunity to perform extraordinary with great stability. Apart from basic and common features, the foam heel pad of the shoe is something that has been able to please the critics also as it is a great slip-resistance, no wonder why people with flat feet have always considered this shoe for the play. Excellent pick-up for people who have flat feet, this shoe does not compromise with your comfort at all.
- Has high-top collar equipped in a manner to fit completely around the ankle.
- Zoom Air Unit keeps the foot relaxed while taking quick and sudden turns.
- Impeccably integrated Flywire cables with laces system.
- Comes in various colours like Black, Team Red, White, Metallic silver, and more.
- Foam heel pad reduces the chances of slippage.
- One can wear it for multi-purposes.
- High-top collar enables the ankle to get structured support for the play.
- Thread defect observed.
- Paint of the logo gets scratched off easily.
|1. Rubber sole|
2. Traction is great
Counted as one of the traditional shoes that Nike has launched, the shoe is just amazing in every manner! A basketball sneaker that has been equipped with engineering that offers great ankle support and soft cushioning. The reason why it is best suited for people with flat feet is its flat sole, which is developed to offer great comfort to players. Although the shoe is a good pick up for basketball players with flat feet, people with wide feet also prefer the same. One of the best basketball shoes for flat feets.
The high quality leather upper is equipped with a Velcro ankle strap that is specifically technologically advanced for the ankle support. For making sudden and fast cuts at the basketball court, this strap is a great advancement. The shoe has the ability to keep you focused while playing as it does not put any harm to your feet by giving any kind of discomfort. If you aim to go for this shoe that would perfectly fit with your flat feet, it is worth buying, indeed!
- Offers prodigious ankle support with pretty soft cushioning.
- Velcro ankle strap support has the greatest ability to keep the ankle safe from twisting.
- Has a flat sole that is best suited for flat-footed people.
- Comes with a midsole that has a soft cushioning.
- Can be wore while playing and casually.
- Ankle support is phenomenally great due to Velcro ankle strap.
- Could be used with casual apparels also, serving multiple purpose.
|1. Good-cushioned sole|
2. Flat sole
2. Heavy shoe
The shoe is termed as one of the primary Nike sneakers; it is indeed an innovative and newest one introduced by Under Armour. The soft cushioning of the shoe has been technically designed by the manufacturers so that players with flat feet could be benefitted. Yet another reason to pick up this shoe is its comfortable soft flat sole that offers immense support to players while on the court. Being a basketball player with flat feet, it becomes quite difficult for one to select a shoe that is engineered for flat feet and provides complete support while playing.
UA Curry 3 is indeed a suitable choice for you as it is not all disappointing when it comes to speed, you can move fiercely on the court with no discomfort at all! The shoe is extremely lightweight, that is probably a reason why basketball players often fall for this beauty, knowing it is a great option when it comes to ankle support and fast running also. One of the best basketball shoes for flat feets.
- Comes in numerous sizes, designs and colors.
- Meta-wing TPU shank is engineered to ensure stability to heel and foot.
- Lightweight; the interior is equipped with soft cushioning.
- Anti-microbial sockliner has been designed to mold the shape of the foot.
- The interior of the shoe is equipped with soft cushioning.
- Breathable and adjustable in wearing.
- Perfect combination of flexibility and safety.
- The sole of the shoe is entirely made of rubber.
- The upper of the shoe is made up of mesh.
- The sole of the shoe is unnecessarily thick.
|1. Flat and durable sole|
2. Breathable and lightweight
|1. Hard to break-in|
2. Thick rubber sole
As the name suggests, the shoe offers a full-length Bounce cushion technically advanced for protection over heel and ankle. Adidas has put forward a phenomenal innovation in the form of elastic cells technology that offers the ability to the player to remain full of energy and feel bouncing on the court throughout the play. One of the best basketball shoes for flat feets.
Further, the shoe is technically advanced by the way of an extended outrigger fitted in the base of the shoe for providing immense stability to the feet and ankle. While on the court, the player would feel the friction between the shoe and the ground is pitch-perfect. Due to it, the shoe can be worn inside as well as outside.
For resisting the slippage, there is a TPU plate innovated on the midfoot of the shoe. The laces of the shoe do own the ability to keep your foot tight and stable while you play on the court and that is the most important thing while you are running and taking instant turns. Because the shoe provides a stable structure to the foot, the people with flat feet often do fall for this pair of shoe, for obvious reasons of course!
- The shoe comes in nearly ten colors and patterns.
- The most popular colourway is ‘USA’.
- Traction pattern is entirely based upon the one of Adidas D Rose 773 V.
- The ankle collar has three vertical stripes.
- Booty construction of the shoe locks the foot once laces tightened.
- The shoe is bouncy, helping the player in taking bounces on the court.
- Traction of the shoe is great.
- The people with flat feet may have an issue with the midfoot TPU plate.
|1. Provide a stable structure|
2. Full-length bounce
|1. Midfoot TPU plate|
2. Tightens the foot
Having all the features that a good basketball shoe must have, this presentation by Nike has impressed all the people, in terms of looks and comfort. Moreover, people with flat feet have a general inclination towards this shoe as it has the ability to keep the flat feet stable while on the court. The shoe is indeed counted as one of the most comfortable shoes as it has the perfect combination of three straps on; ankle, midfoot and the forefoot. One of the best basketball shoes for flat feets
They are technically advanced for keeping the shoe the foot tightly locked-in and provides the greatest support to it while taking sudden turns, cuts and jumps while playing the game. There are times when you have to play even when your foot is aching badly! In that case, this shoe has a perfect solution in the form of Zoom Air units which give an ultimate relief to your aching foot and heel. Further, these units will give a rest to you while you come back from a high jump, which you do often while playing.
The shoe is worthy by all means, it is all up to you, if you wish to spend on this eye-catchy and all-rounder shoe, cheers up!
- Offers three straps on ankle, midfoot and the forefoot.
- Has Zoom Air Units that are perfect for aching feet.
- The fabric used in the shoe is synthetic and mesh.
- The sole of the shoe is also made of synthetic.
- The shaft of the shoe measures approximately high-top from the arch.
- It has Zoom Air cushioning.
- It has multi-surface traction.
- The shoe is hard to break in.
- The shoe is tight-fitted for people with flat and wide feet.
|1. Zoom Air Units|
2. Great Traction
|1. Narrow fit|
2. The colors bleed
Kobe Mamba is a shoe that any basketball player can easily rely upon when it comes to durability and comfort. The ankle support provided by the shoe is amazing as the buyers of the shoe say that. Just have a look at this beauty! The shoe is win-win choice for players as they may use it for casual wear as well.
Coming in numerous colors combinations, this shoe never does disappoint anyone at all. The next-generation Flyweave Technology is offered as an instinct feature of the shoe, it ensures that the players feel comfortable and get instant relaxation while playing on the court. The breathability of the shoe is yet another feature that never fails to attract the buyers as it is must thing players do seek. One of the best basketball shoes for flat feets.
Moving forward, the TPU yarn is technologically advanced for the comfort and stability that this shoe offers. There are various reasons to fall prey to this shoe, but, one thing to mention, this shoe offers enough space for any custom orthotics that you may wish to insert in future, as per your needs. Well, having so many positive features, this shoe has a negative one too, but for people with wide feet, as the structure of the shoe is narrow in nature.
However, the shoe is designed for taking sudden and natural movements while one plays on the court. At the end, it can be said that the shoe is extremely responsive and stable for any kind of movement.
- It has a Flyweave upper that does not fail to offer great responsiveness.
- Due to internal bootie tightening, the slippage gets reduced at its best.
- Among various colors, red and black are most popular and always in demand.
- Custom orthotics may be added, in future as per needs.
- Supportive and breathable.
- Stable and responsive shoe.
- The shoe offers a multi-directional grip on the court.
- It has a synthetic sole and upper.
- Ankle support is not too good.
|1. Allows natural movements|
2. Breathable and supportive
|1. Upper is not firm|
2. Narrow fitted
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Q. Are shoes designed for flat feet good at ankle support? A. Yes, every shoe is good for ankle support. Q. The shoe designed for flat feet are comfortable for women and how? A. Yes, all the shoes are good enough for women, the size of the shoe matters. Q. People with flat feet can play basketball? A. Yes, obviously. One just has to be sure about what shoes they are playing with. Q. What is the best brand for basketball shoes for flat feet? A. All the sports brands are offering great shoes, but somehow Nike and Adidas are leading. Q. Can flat feet play basketball without any pain? A. One has to ask the doctor for proper medication and treatment, and then the correct pair of shoes must be worn off for playing a high-energy sport like basketball.
Well, you came across various shoes that may suit your flat feet and there are, obviously some pros and cons of each one. But the one thing that is common in all the shoes that sports brands offer, technicalities designed for flat feet. Each shoe has its unique features that are designed keeping in mind different feet conditions of players. best basketball shoes for flat feets
A shoe like UA Curry 3 is a masterpiece for the people who give utmost importance to traction and speed while running with flat feet. Moving ahead, Nike Air Force one is just breathtaking at one go! Appealing and comforting, it gives your flat feet different kind of comfort because of its flat sole. Accordingly, each shoe has its own features and is unique in its own manner.
At the end of the day, it is you who has to select the shoe that suits you the best. The stability and support are something that every shoe offers, no matters what! It is obvious that each shoe has its own specifications and it is you who is entitled to judge the shoes as per your requirements.
The price ranges of the shoes do vary, more comfort is equivalent to more prices; however, it is not the same with every shoe. You may get your kind of shoe at reasonable prices also; you just need to keep a check on online shopping sites like Amazon, in order to find the suitable pair of shoe for yourself at easy-to-go-with prices.